sulabay@gmail.com



BEN TROVATO:my(blog)crush

The other day, i caught up with the lovely 24 year old art director marius troy and founder of the well known blog ben trovato.We discussed music, the fact he tired of seeing beautiful girls photographed with white backgrounds and some other stuff in between.



Me:Alright mr, i know you're quite the traveller.Soo where have you been residing at ??
Marius troy: Right now I'm in Oslo, but I'm always on the move. I just got to Oslo after
spending time in New Delhi, Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo, LA, Miami,
Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro during 2009.


Me:How did you get into the whole blogging malarky?
Marius troy:I've always been interested by visual inspiration, and how photography,
graphic design, illustration and art overall can be used to communicate a
message, provoke feelings, and/or tell stories. I then started a blog a few
years ago where I posted what I found inspiring, may that be a photo or a
song. But after running it for a while I found that my posts consisted of
pretty much just fashion photography, so I thought, "Hey! Why not just make
a concept out of it?" And that's how Ben Trovato Blog was created.

Me:Everytime i read your blog ive always seen it as you promoting fresh new talent...is that your purpose?
Marius troy:BTB was created with the intention of bringing new talent into the
limelight, but also inspire those who hasn't quite made it to a professional
level yet. The posts consists mainly of young promising professionals, but
now and again I feature a someone with a lot of experience within the
business.

Me: influences and inspirations?
Marius troy:Personally I get very inspired by photographers that dare to move into
unknown territory creatively. Although people might say that the business is
evolving all the time, and that you need to stay aware of new trends to keep
up, I feel like there's been a slight stagnation the last two years. The
warm vintage tint has been here for a while now, and there was I time where
I got sick of seeing beautiful girls with strong make up and wayfarers on a
white background shot with camera flash. Juergen Teller and Terry Richardson
started that trend years ago, and it's time to move on.

Me: What music are you currently banging on about?
Marius troy: Right now I'm very excited about B.o.B aka Bobby Ray. Be sure to check out
his album that drops May 25th. :)


Me:any plans for the future?
Marius troy:I am moving to Milan very soon to get closer to the action! And I am always
thinking of new ways to make Ben Trovato Blog better.

Blog Archive